Touch-screen unit includes Bluetooth
This handheld GPS from Bendix/King features a large 4.3" touch-screen and Bluetooth interface for cell phone, traffic or XM Radio/Weather(sold separately). This powerful navigator is also an excellent value due to its low price, many expansion options and history of free feature updates from Bendix/King.
• Intuitive touch-screen interface is easy to use in flight
• Bluetooth interfaces for cell phones or XM Weather receiver
• XM Weather capable (requires separate receiver and subscription, see below)
• Multiple uses: aviation, auto and entertainment
• Music player, movie player, electronic book reader and photo viewer
• Terrain display with vertical profile view
• Automotive mode with 3D view and turn-by-turn directions
• Large, 4.3” color screen with a bright, 480 x 272 pixel display
• Sleek, lightweight case takes up little space in a flight bag
• Connect to your PC and logged flights can be viewed on Google Earth
• WAAS-capable GPS for up to 5 meter accuracy
Flight plans can be both imported and exported to/from the AV8OR. They can be created in a variety of software programs including Voyager, DUATs and more, then the output file can be placed in the flightplan folder on the SD card. Also, past flight paths can be recorded and exported for display in programs such as Google Earth.
Measures: 5”w x 3 1/4”h x 1”d Weighs: 7.6 oz.
Includes: GPS unit, 800mAh battery, 12V-28V cigarette lighter adapter, 120V/220V wall power adapter, PC/USB cable, aircraft yoke mount, automotive windshield mount, carrying bag, earphone, User’s Manual and Quick Reference Guide.
XM Weather Add-on
XM Weather information, including Nexrad radar, METARs, TAFs, cloud tops, graphical SIGMETs and AIRMETs and more is available with one of the optional WxWorx Receivers. Receivers are available with either a traditional USB cable connection ($626.00 MSRP) or with a wireless Bluetooth connection ($722.61 MSRP). Monthly subscription required. Measures 6 1/8” w x 1 3/4”h x 4 3/8”d; weighs 11.25 oz. XM Receivers must be purchased through WxWorx (www.wxworx.com).
When connected to the Zaon XRX portable collision avoidance system, the Ace will display nearby traffic. Requires adapter cable (see sportys.com/AV8OR).
Flight Guide Fuel Prices, Airport Information and Local Services:
For a yearly subscription fee of $99, the AV8OR Handheld will display fuel prices at most airports. Also includes Flight Guide's airport information and local services (such as hotels, taxi's, restaurants, FBO's and even local recreational attractions). Updates are available daily through Bendix/King’s website.
The AV8OR handheld now has the ability to view taxi-way diagrams (requires $49 yearly subscription). Your position is overlaid on the chart giving you the maximum situational awareness.