WingX has a reputation for leading the industry with new features and compatibility with multiple external sensors, including the Zaon XRX and the SkyRadar ADS-B receiver. The popular split-screen view allows you to view two maps simultaneously—great for keeping track of terrain and charts at the same time. In addition to full pre-flight briefings and powerful in-flight moving maps, WingX even includes a reference library and E6B calculator. This universal app runs on iPhone and iPad; annual subscription required.
WingX is a valuable tool for both pre-flight planning and in-flight situational awareness.
GPS-Enabled Moving Map
- NEW! Track up option on moving map
- VFR Sectionals and IFR low/high enroute charts
- Overlay terrain on enroute charts
- Optional Zaon XRXtraffic display (requires Zaon XRX)
- Optional ADS-B in-flight weather display- NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs, AIRMETs, PIREPs, NOTAM-Ds (requires separate receiver)
- Displays Class B, C, and D Airspaces and Special Use Airspaces
- Airspaces notifications
- SUAs and TFRs on the Moving Map
- Rubber-Banding (tap-n-hold to create waypoint)
- User-Defined Waypoints (e.g., SJC09015)
- Multi-Page Notepad with Undo
- Route CDI, ETEs, and ETAs
- Direct-To option
- Impressive pinch-to-zoom
A/FD and AOPA Directory
- Comprehensive A/FD includes airports,navaids and fixes
- Includes VOT, TORA, TODA, LDA, ASDA, LAHSO information
- AOPA Directory includes FBOs, attractions, car rentals, hotels/motels, restaurants, taxi, and airport diagrams
- Includes Bahamas and Puerto Rico
- Integrated Maps and Yelp
- Entire US is stored on your iPad
- Filter on All, ILS Only, GPS Only, or Six-Pack
- Charts are zoomable
- Print charts wirelessly
- Rotate DPs and STARs
- Color-coded and decoded METARs, TAFs, winds/temps aloft
- Nearby airports with distance and direction
- Includes Alaska and Hawaii
- Calculates METAR density altitude and freezing levels
- NOAA weather images include Animated RADAR, Satellite, Icing, Wind, Flight Conditions, Weather Forecast, Prog Charts, Lightning, and more
- Includes Alaska and Hawaii
- Enter identifiers or victor airways
- Modify route by dragging to reorder
- Waypoints automatically inserted in correct position
- Show total and longer than direct distances
- Flight Log shows magnetic headings, groundspeed, ETE, fuel burn using winds aloft information
- Optimize altitude for winds aloft
- Flight plans and weather briefings using secure connection (optional) and are official and recorded by DUATS.com.
- Can be reused for fast filing
- File, close, and cancel flight plans
- Route and area weather briefings
- Aircraft Manager for auto-fill
- Part 135 friendly TFRs
- Displayed on Moving Map
- Popup shows textual information
- Show Active or Pending TFRs (active within 24 hours)
- Pressure/Density Altitude
- Winds Aloft
- Runway Winds
- IFR Climb
- Descent Rate
- FARs including Parts 1, 43, 61, 91, 119, 121, 135, 137, 141, NTSB 830, 1552, and 1562
- Parts of the AIM
- AC61-65E - Including Endorsements
- AC61-67C - Stall and Spin Awareness
- Pilot/Controller Glossary
- Aeronautical Contractions
The app includes a 30-day free trial. For further use, it requires a subscription. One subscription can be used simultaneously on one iPhone/iPod and one iPad.
- WingX Pro7 ($99.99) - Includes GPS-based moving map with WingX Pro7's unique split view and terrain overlays, VFR Sectionals, IFR Low/High enroute charts, AeroNav approach charts and geo-referenced airport diagrams, route planning, DUATS, ADS-B support, and much more.
- WingX Pro7 with ChartData ($174.99) - Includes WingX Pro7, plus approach charts are geo-referenced (i.e., you will see your aircraft on the approach charts).
- WingX Pro7 with Synthetic Vision ($199.99) - Includes WingX Pro7 plus 3D Synthetic Vision (includes obstacles, runways, water, etc.).
- WingX Pro7 with ChartData, Synthetic Vision, and Fuel Prices ($299.99) - Includes the above options and fuel prices.
Already purchased a subscription? Get the free app and sign in.