Pass your tests and more – become a great instrument pilot
Earning an instrument rating is a fun and rewarding experience that can make your pilot’s license much more powerful. But instrument flying is also unforgiving, and requires more than just passing an FAA test. That’s why Sporty’s university-level Complete Instrument Rating Course goes far beyond test prep. We go outside the textbook to unlock the secrets of the IFR system, so you can be a safe, smooth and proficient pilot. Detailed video segments cover both glass cockpits and analog gauges.
The Sporty’s Advantage
- More in-flight video
- More 3D animations
- More real world flying tips
- More complete training
- No talking heads
- No classroom lectures
- No boring textbooks
- Nothing extra to buy
Plus Sporty's Triple Guarantee--pass all three tests (written, oral and flight) required to earn your instrument rating or we'll give you your money back.
- Exciting in-flight footage--we put you in the cockpit for a pilot's-eye-view of everything you'll see during training.
- Learning tools--incredible 3D animations make boring subjects come alive
- Air Facts segments--real world flying tips from legendary author Richard L. Collins
- Interactive Test Prep--our powerful FAA written test prep program allows you to create custom study sessions
- PTS Study Guide--the complete text of the FAA's practical test standards, cross-referenced to our course
- Training Course Outline--a step-by-step syllabus, with all ground and flight lessons
The Instrument training experts
At Sporty’s, we pioneered weekend instrument ground schools over 50 years ago, traveling the country to teach pilots the keys to IFR flying in just 3 days. Today, we operate an active flight school at our home airport (I69) with over 100 flight students. This everyday practical experience with instrument students makes us uniquely qualified to offer the most complete, up-to-date training courses available. When you learn with Sporty’s, you’re learning from the best.
More Info:How to Use This Course
Earn FAA WINGS Credit!
Sporty’s Instrument Rating Course makes a great refresher after you have your rating. You can even earn FAA Pilot Proficiency Program (WINGS) credit when you complete the course. The credit is automatically awarded when you watch all the videos and complete two practice tests with passing scores.
Why participate in the WINGS program?
- Satisfy your Flight Review requirement by completing a phase.
- Be eligible for up to a 10% premium savings through AVEMCO.
- Enhance safety through a consistent recurrent training program.
Earn Your Instrument Rating at Sporty’s Academy
Ready to put that instrument knowledge to work? You can earn your instrument rating at the home of Sporty’s Pilot Shop in Cincinnati, Ohio. Train with the same instructional staff that brings you Sporty’s Complete Instrument Rating Course on DVD or online. Based at Clermont County Airport (I69), Sporty’s Flight Training Center offers accelerated instrument training in an impeccable fleet of well-equipped aircraft. SportysAcademy.com or email Fly@SportysAcademy.com.
- Online test prep section requires Chrome, Safari 5+, FireFox 9+, Internet Explorer 10, iPad browser or Android browser.
- Approved for FAA Wings Credit