$200 Mail-In Rebate from SiriusXM Aviation
*requires SiriusXM Aviation Weather subscription package. Expires December 31, 2019.
Satellite weather for apps and portable GPSs
Nothing beats SiriusXM Satellite Weather for making smart in-flight decisions, and the GDL 51R makes it easier than ever to view this high-quality information on your tablet or portable GPS. The compact receiver is PMA approved so it can be remote-mounted behind the panel in certificated and experimental aircraft. It streams weather, SiriusXM Radio, attitude information, and GPS data wirelessly via Bluetooth.
• Weather is delivered by satellite, allowing reception at any altitude, anywhere in the US and southern Canada
• View high-resolution radar, lightning, satellite imagery, METARs, TAFs, TFRs, echo tops, Pilot Reports and more
• Listen to SiriusXM Radio in flight, with over 150 channels of music, sports, and entertainment
• Attitude heading reference system (AHRS) is a backup attitude source
• Built-in WAAS GPS provides precise location
• Bluetooth connection to the Garmin Pilot app on iOS or Android
• Also works with ForeFlight Mobile
• Connects to Garmin portable GPSs: aera 660 and 796/795
Coverage at any altitude
Continuous SiriusXM satellite updates — accessible by ground and air — can help you make better, more timely flight decisions. The SiriusXM network’s powerful satellites deliver seamless coverage across the continental U.S. and its coastal regions as well as southern Canada. Choose from available SiriusXM Aviation packages that provide METAR data and animated NEXRAD imagery plus current reports on precipitation, lightning, winds aloft, echo tops, turbulence, freezing levels, TFRs and more. To help you maintain the most current weather picture, the GDL 51R receiver can queue the weather from SiriusXM while your display device is sleeping or turned off so it automatically updates when you turn the screen back on.
By simply connecting a compatible Bluetooth headset or audio panel to GDL 51R, you can wirelessly listen to your choice of high-quality audio entertainment channels provided by SiriusXM. Volume adjustments and station selection may be accessed through your compatible Garmin aviation portable or mobile device app.
Built-in GPS and Attitude Sensors for SVX Display
In addition to its weather and audio entertainment capabilities, the GDL 51R feature set includes a built-in WAAS GPS receiver. This enables GDL 51 to deliver highly accurate aircraft position, speed and altitude information to your compatible mobile device app. Also, built-in attitude sensors enable select Garmin aviation portables and apps with SVX synthetic vision technology to serve as a backup attitude reference during your flights. With virtual terrain, obstacles, runways, horizon cues, HSI, GPS speed, altitude and more, this brings a whole new perspective to your portable navigation.
• Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 6.1" x 1.6" x 5.0" (15.49 x 4.06 x 12.7 cm)
• Weight: 0.78 lbs (0.35 kg)
• Operating temperature: -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
• Operating altitude: To 55,000 ft
• Nominal operating velocity range: 0 – 800 kts (411 m/s)
• Power input: 10 to 32 VDC, 3.5 W max.
• 15-pin standard D-sub power and data connector
• SiriusXM® TNC antenna port
• GPS BNC antenna port
• Wireless Connext™ (Bluetooth®)
Subscription required for weather and audio. Subscriptions start at $29.99/mo. Note: pilots using Garmin Pilot have three subscription tiers to choose from; pilots using ForeFlight Mobile with the Garmin GDL 51 can access two tiers of SiriusXM Aviation weather (Pilot for ForeFlight or Pilot Express). Click here to learn more.
BUY NOW, PAY LATER
Aircraft avionics are a major investmnent and now there's an easy way to make paying for them a little more convenient. For a limited time, PayPal Credit is offering no payments and no interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more. Just choose the PayPal option at checkout.
FREE AOPA MEMBERSHIP
In addition to the $200 mail-in rebate, SiriusXM is also offering a free one year membership for the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA).