Affordable, easy-to-install solution without GPS
Stratus ES was built without GPS in order to provide affordable ADS-B Out to aircraft owners who have already invested in WAAS GPS. Stratus ES will make an aircraft rule-compliant when paired with any of the following navigators: Garmin GNS 430W/530W, GTN 650/750, Avidyne IFD440/540.
- ADS-B Out transponder meets the 2020 FAA mandate
- 1090ES technology – no altitude or geographic limitations
- Connect to your existing WAAS GPS for an all-in-one solution
- Replacement for your Mode C transponder – upgrade your old analog transponder
FAST AND AFFORDABLE INSTALLATION
It’s not enough to have affordable hardware; the right ADS-B solution has to be affordable to install as well.
- Fits in standard transponder slots – typically 50% less to install than remote mounted models
- All-in-one unit - no remote boxes or control heads required
- Complete kit includes all mounting hardware
FLEXIBLE ADS-B IN OPTIONS
Stratus ES can also connect to a portable ADS-B In receiver, including Stratus 2, Stratus 1S/2S, Dual XGPS 170/190, and Garmin GDL 39/39 3D. This makes it a complete system, with subscription-free weather and traffic. Plus, you retain the valuable backup capability of a standalone ADS-B receiver.
- Complete traffic picture in ForeFlight
- Better ADS-B reception
- Full-time power source
- Works with Stratus 2, 1S and 2S (choose install kit above)
- Also works with Dual XGPS 170/190 and Garmin GDL 39/39 3D (requires separate kit)
If you don't have a portable, but would still like to receive ADS-B In data, there is another option. Stratus 2i is a remote-mount, non-certified ADS-B receiver that connects to Stratus ES. While it won't work on its own (there is no internal battery or GPS receiver), it is an affordable way to add ADS-B In to your airplane. You'll see weather, traffic, GPS position and backup attitude on your iPad, all send via WiFi. Simply select Stratus 2i below ($500).
Stratus ES is made in the USA and includes a 2-year warranty.
|Bezel Width||6.38 inches (162 mm)|
|Bezel Height||1.69 inches (43 mm)|
|Rack Width||6.32 inches (160.4 mm)|
|Rack Height||1.65 inches (42 mm)|
|Depth from back of bezel to end of strain relief on rack (not compensating for wire bend radius)||10.75 inches (273 mm)|
|Stratus ES Unit Weight||2.75 lbs. (1.25 kg)|
|Stratus ES Total Installed Weight (Transponder with rack and connectors)||3.29 lbs. (1.49 kg)|