Replace your old gyro with something more reliable
Garmin made big news with the announcement of G5, and it's easy to see why. The compact and cost-effective G5 electronic flight instrument delivers exceptional performance and reliability as a standalone primary source for aircraft attitude information - it's more than a backup. It also displays secondary information, such as airspeed and altitude, to offer enhanced situational awareness. G5 features an economical upgrade path in type certificated fixed-wing general aviation aircraft, accomplished via supplemental type certificate (STC) with a comprehensive approved model list (AML). The safety-enhancing capabilities of G5 revolutionize general aviation by bringing modern attitude reference to thousands of aircraft that would otherwise depend on older, vacuum-driven equipment.
- Replaces traditional electromechanical attitude indicator or turn coordinator
- Integrates with your aircraft's existing pitot/static system
- Bright, sunlight-readable color screen (3.5" LCD)
- Fits standard 3 1/8" instrument hole for easy installation
- Includes 4-hour backup battery with status indicator
- Includes installation kit
- Approved for VFR and IFR flight
In place of a primary attitude indicator or turn coordinator, the G5 electronic flight instrument is approved for installation — via a Garmin-held STC — for hundreds of certificated fixed-wing aircraft models. Valid for flight under VFR and IFR conditions, G5 is an economical upgrade path for thousands of owners seeking an electrically driven attitude indicator with greater dependability and internal redundancy over vacuum-driven attitude flight instruments.
Boasting a bright, 3.5-inch sunlight-readable LCD display, G5 is approved as a primary source for aircraft attitude information. Plus, it serves as a secondary source for altitude, airspeed and vertical speed — all in a single instrument. Installation is simple and easy; G5 integrates with the aircraft’s existing pitot/static system and displays attitude, airspeed, altitude, vertical speed, slip/skid, turn rate, ground track, configurable V-speed references, barometric setting and selected altitude as well as visual alerts upon arriving at the pre-selected altitude. Built-in GPS provides GPS-based track and groundspeed information, and a dedicated rotary knob allows for easy adjustments to altitude bugs and barometric pressure settings
Installed in a standard 3 1/8" (79.4 mm) instrument hole, G5 measures 3" in depth and includes a backup battery so it easily integrates into a wide range of aircraft. Installation is further simplified as G5 only needs power, ground, pitot/static and GPS inputs so it also integrates with the aircraft’s existing systems. For aircraft without a compatible GPS position input, an optional GPS antenna is available. As part of the STC, G5 includes a 4-hour backup battery, and pilots can easily reference battery status in the upper left-hand corner of the display. Install kit included with certified G5.
- Electrical: 14 or 28 VDC aircraft power
- Unit size: 3.4"W x 3.6"H x 3.0"D (86.4 x 91.4 x 76.2 mm)
- Weight: 13.3 oz (377.0 g), unit
- Display size: 3.5" diagonal (88.9 mm diagonal)
- Display resolution: 320 x 240 pixels (QVGA), LED backlit color LCD
- Receiver: High-sensitivity GPS
- Maximum indicated airspeed: 300 kts
- Altitude range: -1,400 – +30,000 feet
- Vertical speed range: ± 20,000 feet/minute
- Pitch/roll range: ±360°
- Backup battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: Up to 4 hours