The YAESU FTA-550 is packed with features, yet very affordable. With an oversize full dot matrix LCD display, the FTA-550 Airband Transceiver provides full communication on the Aircraft communications Band and additionally provides VOR and localizer navigation features on the "NAV" band. The FTA-550 includes NOAA weather band monitoring and the capability of programming up to 200 memory channels with a quick and easy channel recall feature. Features:
• 5 Watts TX Output Power (Airband: AM 5W P.E.P. type, 1.5W carrier)
• Huge 1.7" x 1.7" Full Dot Matrix display (160 x 160 Dots)
• VOR Navigation Display
• NOAA Weather Channel receive
• NOAA Weather Alert
• 200 Memory Channels with 15 alphanumeric characters
• Back-lit Keypad and display with dimmer
• Water Protection -IPX5 Rating
• Loud Audio (800 mW)
FTA-550L Comes supplied with: Li-Ion battery, 110V and 12VDC charger with cradle, Alkaline battery tray, Antenna, Belt clip, headset adapter, and USB cable.
Additional ResourcesWhat's the range of portable aviation radios? We went flying to find out.
Read the article
Download the User Manual here
Quick Reference Videos
We've created quick videos that help you learn how to operate Yaesu radios. We call them "Touch & Go" videos, watch them here.