A complete ADS-B kit at an incredible price
This new kit adds a Garmin altitude encoder and a Garmin high-speed USB port multicharger (more than $300 in value) to the GTX 335 with GPS with a GA 35 WAAS antenna bundle. It’s an affordable, easy-to-install upgrade that offers a new transponder and 2020 mandate compliance.
Get ADS-B Out compliant
The FAA’s January 1, 2020 deadline for equipping with ADS-B Out is fast approaching, and Garmin’s GTX 335 is an easy-to-install option. This affordable, all-in-one solution is a great upgrade for your old transponder featuring a solid-state design that includes ADS-B Out and a built-in WAAS GPS.
- Complete ADS-B Out solution that satisfies the FAA mandate
- 1090 MHz transponder works at any altitude and around the world
- Built-in WAAS GPS means nothing extra to buy
- Easy upgrade for an older transponder; fits in 1.65” slot
- Push button code entry and digital information display
- Includes GPS antenna
- Includes altitude encoder
The inside track to ADS-B Out
The IFR-certified GTX 335 looks and operates like a standard Mode S transponder. It fits in the same 1.65-inch high slot in your avionics stack. It boasts a digital display, a pressure altitude readout, and dedicated pushbuttons numbered 0-9 for quick and easy squawk code entry. Plus, it’s an all solid-state design, which makes for lower power consumption and enhanced reliability, compared to earlier-generation transponder technology. What’s more, the addition of 1090 MHz ADS-B “Out” transmission capability (using precise GPS-referenced positioning information) enables the GTX 335 to automatically output more accurate, and more useful, traffic surveillance data to ATC – including aircraft flight ID, position, altitude, velocity, climb/descent, and heading information. Conventional Mode S and Mode C transponders can only broadcast altitude and squawk code – which means they require ground-based radar to correlate and identify the aircraft’s position on the controller’s radar screen.
Altitude encoding made simple
In addition to its WAAS-enabled position reporting capabilities, the GTX 335 can also be paired with the included Garmin altitude encoder to satisfy data transmission requirements for IFR. As opposed to other transponders with altitude encoding built in, the Garmin altitude encoder mounts separately on the install rack. So, should the transponder ever require removal, there’s no need for the static line to be disconnected. Which, in turn, eliminates the need for a follow-on leak check, and thus helps minimize ongoing service costs.
Improved ADS-B traffic
By adding ADS-B Out to your airplane, you’ll trigger a full traffic report from ADS-B ground stations. Using a portable ADS-B receiver and a tablet, you’ll then be able to see the position of nearby traffic, as well as their speed, altitude and track. So in addition to meeting the mandate, the GTX 335 can make your portable traffic display much more powerful.
- Physical dimensions (unit, rack, connectors); for panel mounts, depth is measured from face of instrument panel: 1.68” x 6.30” x 10.07” (42 x 160 x 256 mm)
- Display type: Digital
- Weight (unit, rack, connectors) 2.8/2.9 lbs (1.27/1.32 kg)
- Voltage range: 14/28 VDC (15/17 W Max)
- Transmit power: 200 W minimum
- Temperature: -40° C to +70° C
- Operating altitude: To 55,000 ft (16,800 m)
- Cooling input: Not required
- Environmental compliance (TSO Approved): DO-160G
- Software compliance (TSO Approved): DO-178 Levels B, C, D
- Hardware compliance (TSO Approved): DO-254 Level C; TSO compliance (Approved): "TSO-C88b (w/opt. alt. encoder); TSO-C112e (Class 1, Level 2els); TSO-C166b (Class B1S)"
- Mount type: Panel
- Transponder type: Mode A/C, S and ES
- Squawk code selection: Push-button
- Traffic Information Services (TIS) alerts compatible: Yes
- Solid state transmitter (more efficient, longer life) Yes
- Aural alerts: Yes
- Total Air Temperature (TAT): Yes
- Pressure altitude readout: Yes
- Altitude monitor function: Yes
- Density altitude readout: Yes
- Built-in timers: Yes
- Automatic ALT/GND mode: Yes
- 1090 MHz ADS-B Out: Yes
- Built in GPS/WAAS receiver: Optional
- Displays on G500/G600, GTN 650/750, GNS 430W/530W, and others: Yes
- Pressure altitude encoder module (mounts to connector backplate): Optional
- Night vision compatible: Optional
AML STC allows for installation in hundreds of aircraft makes and models. Requires avionics shop for installation.
GTX 335 Pilot's GuideDownload the Guide