Enough power to charge multiple iPads at the same time
The all-new Flight Gear Backup Battery for iPad is the pilot’s answer for charging mobile devices on the flight deck. This battery packs some serious power, 20,000mAh of capacity to be exact, but its slim shape will fit in any flight bag. Two 3 amp USB ports deliver enough power to charge multiple iPads at the same time while those iPads are being used by the pilots. A total of four USB ports are available to charge your devices, three standard USB-A ports (like those found on computers and wall chargers) and one USB-C output port.
Made for pilots
Any time you add an electronic device to the cockpit you run the risk of interference with the radios. We’re very concerned about that problem, so we’ve tested the Flight Gear Battery pack in multiple aircraft and through hundreds of flight hours to ensure that it won’t become a nuisance in the plane.
You only need one cable
Charging this battery is as simple as it can get. No more trying to find the proprietary charging cable or a certain type of cable you may not normally carry. The Flight Gear Backup Battery can be charged with a Micro-USB, Type-C, or Lightning Cable. What this means is you only need one cable to charge this battery and then also charge your device. Total flexibility.
The microprocessor inside the battery constantly monitors the battery health for any concerns. In the event of a problem, the battery will shut down until the issue is resolved. The Flight Gear battery protects against these issues:
- Temperature fluctuation
- Short-circuit protection
The Flight Gear Battery detects the optimal charging current for any connected device and delivers that amount of power. This saves the battery power and more efficiently charges your devices.
The USB-C port on the battery doubles as an In or Out charging port. Based on the connection detected, the battery will either accept power from the charging cord if it’s plugged into a power source or the same port can deliver power if the battery detects that there is a battery requiring a charge connected to the cord. Features:
- Intelligent charging—detects and delivers the optimal charging current for any connected device.
- Built-in advanced safety features—temperature control, over-charge, over-discharge, over voltage, over-current and short-circuit protection.
- Massive capacity—20,000mAH provides 3 times the power for most iPads.
- 4 USB outputs—charge multiple devices at once. We regularly keep 2 iPads and a Stratus topped off at the same time.
- LED charge indicator—know how much power is left with a touch of a button.
- Charges with almost any cable—will accept micro-USB, type-C, or lightning cable charging inputs.
- Quick reference guide—placard information printed directly on the back of the battery.
- Intelligent charging
- Built-in advanced safety features
- Type-C USB
- 3 amp USB Type-C
- 3 amp USB Type-A (Standard USB Port)
- 2.4 amp USB Type-A (Standard USB Port)
- 2 amp USB Type-A (Standard USB Port)
Includes a small 6" micro USB charging cable. It does not include a charging plug, but will work with any USB charger. Measures 7.75” x 3.75” x 0.5” and weighs less than 1 lb. Domestic shipping only. Looking for quick reference videos on the Flight Gear Battery? Watch the Video Here.