ForeFlight is the essential, integrated flight app that makes planning, flying, and logging flights a joy.
ForeFlight delivers advanced flight planning capabilities, terminal procedure charts, enroute navigation charts, moving map, synthetic vision, hazard awareness, optional Jeppesen charts, a comprehensive library of market-leading weather information and visualization features, a large library of advanced aircraft performance profiles, customizable checklists, integration with a wide range of certified avionics and portable ADS-B and GPS receivers for inflight weather and data, a built-in documents catalog and cloud document capability for management of aircraft and flight operations publications, an easy-to-use pilot logbook for keeping track of flight experience, and so much more. ForeFlight is backed by the company's Pilot Support Team who delivers amazingly fast, accurate, and friendly customer service.
ForeFlight Performance is a powerful suite of advanced flight planning features integrated with ForeFlight’s core mobile and web planning solution. Performance includes a library of detailed aircraft performance profiles that produce the most accurate flight time and fuel burn calculations, a sophisticated flight planning engine that generates optimized routes for any two airports in the world, and a user-friendly interface that simplifies your planning workflow – and it all syncs across your devices so you can plan faster, whenever and wherever it is most convenient.
- Detailed Aircraft Performance Profiles
- Improved Time & Fuel Flow Calculations
- Pre-Departure Clearance (PDC) & D-ATIS
- Trip Assistant with Fuel Stop Planning
- Airport 3D View
- File-Friendly Optimized Autorouting
- Fuel Load Planning with Fuel Policies
- Automatic Aircraft Weight Safety Checks
- Integrated Fuel Card Management
- FBO Fuel Orders & Fuel Releases
FLIGHT PLANNING, BRIEFING, & FILING
Plan flights with Touch Planning on the Map or full-featured form-based Flights view. Tap out a route in seconds and quickly see if flights will be affected by weather or TFRs. Helpful Route, Altitude, and Procedure Advisors make planning easy and accurate. Generate a graphical preflight briefing and file your flight plan directly from the app. Print a professional-grade Navlog for inflight reference.
Interactive weather layers include animated radar, global satellite and winds aloft, global icing, turbulence, and surface analysis, graphical AIR/SIGMETs, flight category, visibility, and more. View decoded METARs, TAFs, and MOS forecasts. Thoughtfully organized Imagery view puts a full range of forecast tools at your fingertips.
PLATES, CHARTS, & MAPS
Both VFR and IFR operations are covered with all of the essentials required for planning and navigation: data-driven Aeronautical Maps, VFR Sectionals, High/Low Enroute charts, SIDs, STARs, approach and taxi charts, and terrain, satellite, and street map views.
GEO-REFERENCED APPROACHES & TAXI CHARTS
Plates and taxi charts enable the real time display of your GPS location on the chart. They can also be overlaid on the Maps view along with weather and hazards for the ultimate situational awareness.
GLOBAL HAZARD AWARENESS TECHNOLOGY
Plan and fly with more confidence in all conditions and terrain. Top-down-view Hazard Advisor map layer, Terrain Profile View, and 3D Synthetic Vision seamlessly integrate into the map display to depict a clear picture of terrain and obstacle hazards anywhere in the world. When paired with an AHRS source, Synthetic Vision provides a backup attitude display.
Logbook makes it easy to log and share flights, track hours, review currency, record certificates and ratings, receive electronic instructor endorsements, and create experience reports. Your data is automatically synced across all your devices and protected in secure cloud storage.
Fuel Prices JetFuelX simplifies managing your multiple fuel card memberships so you can quickly search, compare, and pinpoint the best fuel price for your trip. With the ForeFlight Performance Plus plan, your contract fuel prices can be conveniently displayed in ForeFlight Mobile and ForeFlight on the web.
PRE-DEPARTURE CLEARANCE (PDC) & DIGITAL ATIS
PDC, a service in partnership with Satcom Direct, automates delivery of your IFR departure clearance at over 70 U.S. airports, simplifying operations and reducing frequency congestion. After you register your aircraft, file with ForeFlight and automatically receive your full clearance via email and text message. Current ATIS information is also sent via text and email as well as being available directly in ForeFlight.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Built-in documents catalog with FAR/AIM, charts supplements, and more
- Airport, FBO, and fuel price information for thousands of locations
- Dynamic data-driven Aeronautical Maps
- Weight & Balance
- Glide Advisor
- Expected route and EDCT flight notifications
- Automatic over-the-air data updates
- Chart color inversion for better night flying experience
- Access to web planner
- Flying Magazine Editor's Choice 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017
- App of the Year, Aviation Consumer, July 2011
- Best Selling iPad Aviation App: 2010, 2011, 2012
- "Best app for IFR" - Aviation Consumer
Already purchased a subscription? Here's how to sign into your ForeFlight app.
- $99.99 annual subscription for ForeFlight Basic Plus (click here for details)
- $199.99 annual subscription for ForeFlight Pro Plus (click here for details)
- $299.99 annual subscription for ForeFlight Performance Plus (see above)
- Price includes one geographic area
- For new subscribers only; visit ForeFlight.com for renewals
Free 30 day trialDownload the app free from the iTunes App Store
Have more questions? Read the Pilot's Guide to ForeFlight