Help for CFIs
Flight and ground instructors are without students and may be facing additional hardship when it comes to renewing their flight instructor certificates. That’s why Sporty’s is pleased to offer its online eFIRC FREE as a convenient, effective, online renewal option.
Sporty’s online FIRC satisfies the requirements to renew your CFI and will vastly improve your teaching skills. Sporty’s eFIRC is delivered in a convenient online format – universally accessible for PC, MAC, and mobile devices including iPad and Android platforms. There is no software to install. Simply log-in anywhere you have an internet connection and begin your flight instructor refresher training. Sporty’s eFIRC contains 17 lessons broken down into learning modules for ease of study.
Free Interactive Demo
- Navigating in the 21st Century: Pilotage to GPS: TAA & Automation
- Paperless CFI Renewal (ACR processing) Note this is an additional $29.95 charge.
- Security Related Special Use Airspace: What’s Going on—Where, and How to Stay Clear
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA): What Flight Instructors Have to Know to Stay Out of Trouble
- How to Teach Effectively and Build a Culture of Safety in Your Students and Your Workplace
- Safety Trends in GA: How CFIs Can Directly Contribute to Aviation Safety
- Pilot Deviations: Their Causes and How to Teach Your Students to Plan Ahead to Avoid Them
- How to Make the Best Use of the FAASTeam and the WINGS—Pilot Proficiency Program in Your Program of Instruction
- Regulatory, Policy, and Publication Changes and Updates
- How to Give an Effective and Useful Instrument Proficiency Check & Flight Review
- Ethics and Professionalism in the Role of the Flight Instructor
- Loss of Control
- Differences When Teaching a Sport Pilot
- Teaching Your Client Weather Information and Flight Planning
- Explaining Aerodynamic Concepts
- Teaching Night Flying
- How to Teach ATC Communications
- Understanding and Teaching Advancements in Aviation Technology
Included with many lesson modules is Sporty’s award-winning video content. Complete with 3D animations and graphics, video-based learning helps to further explain complex topics in an effective and entertaining format. Instructors also can enjoy access to a host of supplemental resources that can be incorporated into your everyday teaching activity. Sporty’s online learning system provides simple, easy-to-use navigation and the home portal provides a quick, graphical presentation of course progress. From the course home screen, you can quickly navigate to individual modules, allowing specific topics to be reviewed.
Flight instructors whose instructor credentials have not yet expired are eligible to renew their credentials upon satisfactory completion of the FIRC. The provided graduation certificate is then submitted to a certifying official (aviation safety inspector or approved designated examiner) for renewal. Ground instructors may also receive a graduation certificate to meet the recent experience requirements of §61.217 (c). Other interested parties may complete the Sporty’s Academy FIRC and will receive a certificate of course completion upon satisfactory completion of the FIRC material. The estimated time to complete the FIRC material and take the required final exam is approximately 16.5 hours.
Now With Paperless CFI Renewal
Sporty's eFIRC has optional paperless CFI renewal (ACR processing). Paperless processing requires 3 business days to complete and is an additional charge of $29.95. Select the checkbox by the "Add to Cart" button to add this service. Expedited processing (less than 3 business days) incurs an additional $20 charge on top of the standard ACR processing fee. Expedited renewals must be received by noon eastern time on the business day that it expires or noon of the business day before it expires if a weekend or holiday.
Sporty’s Airman Certification Representative (ACR) Service is a time saving companion to Sporty’s eFIRC. Why waste time driving to your local FSDO when Sporty’s can process the renewal of your unexpired Flight Instructor certificate from the convenience of your computer? You’ve got better things to do and Sporty’s is happy to help with their fully electronic service. With Sporty’s ACR service, you will complete your Sporty’s eFIRC, submit your renewal application on IACRA, upload digital images of a few documents along with some additional information, and then sit back and relax. The ACR at Sporty’s Academy will review your documentation and send your IACRA application on to the FAA. You will then receive your new temporary instructor certificate via the email address that you provided, ready to print, sign, and use. If you have any issues along the way, Sporty’s Ohio based Customer Service and FIRC instructors will be happy to assist you.
Please note: Sporty’s ACR service may only be used by graduates of Sporty’s Academy’s eFIRC holding both an unexpired Flight Instructor Certificate and an unexpired Sporty’s eFIRC graduation certificate. You may purchase the ACR service when you purchase your eFIRC, prior to completion of the eFIRC, or after completion of the eFIRC as long as your certificates are valid. You must have completed the eFIRC, purchased the ACR service, and submitted your IACRA application / uploaded the required documents at least 3 full business days prior to the expiration date of either certificate.
Price includes 365 days of access, with one flight instructor graduation certificate and one ground instructor graduation certificate.
Want to learn more? Read this blog post from the team that built our new FIRC.
Accepted for FAA Wings Credit