Includes course access for yourself with your Sporty's account immediately after checkout.
We'll ship you or the recipient of your choice an online activation code for this course. This physical gift packet includes one activation code and directions on redeeming the course.
We can email the recipient of your choice instant online access to the course. This is the easiest way to send someone else the course as a gift.
Sporty's SP-400 Handheld NAV/COM Aviation Radio
The backup radio trusted by pilots.
The award-winning SP-400 is simply the most powerful portable radio you can buy—like having a complete standby radio stack in your flight bag. The all-in-one radio makes a reliable backup for emergency use, but it’s also perfect for listening to ATIS, getting clearances before engine start or just monitoring local traffic.
But a great radio is worthless if it’s hard to use. That’s why our staff of pilots, flight instructors and aircraft owners spent so much time making the SP-400 intuitive and easy to use. It has all the features you need, but none that you don’t. There are no confusing menus, no memory bands and no complicated squelch buttons—just turn it on and type in a frequency. After all, an emergency is no time to look for an instruction manual.
Includes alkaline battery pack, antenna, wrist strap and instruction manual. Measures 5 1/2”h x 2 1/4”w x 1 5/8”d. Five year warranty.
Why the SP-400 is the pilot-friendly radio:
- Last frequency flip flop makes it easy to switch back and forth
- Visual memory recall shows five memory channels per screen (store 20 total)
- Receives on 8.33KHz frequencies but does not transmit on those frequencies
- Full ILS display—the only portable radio with this feature!
- VOR with large CDI display and automatic bearing-to-station readout
- NOAA weather radio receiver built in
- Nationwide coverage with pre-programmed stations
- Dedicated 121.5 button for instant emergency communications
- Sidetone—hear yourself talk when using a headset
"Since our very first product was an aviation radio, I'm partial to our SP-400 Hand-held NAV/COM. It's an amazingly powerful radio, and one I never could have dreamed of in 1961."