The tailBeacon replaces your aft aircraft position light with a simple solution to become ADS-B Out compliant. Remove your old position light and install the new tailBeacon in the same location. It reuses the existing power and ground to your current position light. Two screws, two wires, and an easy setup app are all it takes for most installations. Works with any mode C or mode S transponder.
- 978 UAT transmitter with a specially designed blade antenna. The design minimizes installation error and antenna placement issues.
- A built-in WAAS GPS provides compliant position data for ADS-B transmission. No additional wiring or external GPS antenna mounting is required.
- The integrated altitude encoder does not require connection to the aircraft static pressure system. The tailBeacon continuously calibrates the integrated altitude encoder for correspondence with the aircraft transponder’s altitude encoder.
- LED Nav light provides the required white light for the tail.
- Easy configuration - the tailBeacon mobile application allows installers to easily configure the ICAO address, emitter type, and more by accessing the aircraft registration information stored online. No cables required.
Works with Your Existing Mode C or S Transponder
tailBeacon works with any existing transponder. uAvionix’s patented power transcoder technology seamlessly communicates with your existing transponder, any transponder, over your aircraft’s electrical system. tailBeacon and skyBeacon are the only UAT ADS-B Out devices on the market that work with Mode S transponders.
Just because you are ADS-B equipped, doesn’t mean you want to be tracked. With tailBeacon’s Anonymous Mode, your aircraft identification remains hidden from the ADS-B Out signal while squawking 1200. Anonymous Mode keeps the skies safe while protecting your privacy.
|Input Voltage||11-31V DC|
|Operating Drive||3 watts|
|Operating Temp||-45 to 70°C|
|978MHz UAT Transmitter|
|Power Classification||DO-282B Medium Power|
|LED Position Light|
|App Compatibility||iOS, Android|
|Power Transcoder||Decodes Mode A, C and S via Power Transcoder|
Click Here for Data Sheet
Click Here for Mounting Instructions:
Click Here for Installation Guide: