All-new course will help you master twins
One of the most exciting, useful, and just plain fun ratings a pilot can obtain, the multiengine rating is also one of the most challenging. Let Sporty’s guide you through each step of the rating, from the intricacies of multiengine aerodynamics to engine-out flight maneuvers. This all-new course is designed specifically for pilots adding a multiengine rating to their private or commercial certificate, but also focuses on practical skills for flying twins beyond the checkride.
Throughout the course you’ll see dynamic 4K video from both inside and outside the cockpit as you fly all the required maneuvers. Sophisticated animations make complicated topics easy to understand and a complete document library is always available for review. There’s even a review quiz to brush up on your knowledge. Like every Sporty’s course, it works on all your devices, from iPhone to laptop to tablet, with automatic sync. Sporty’s Multiengine Training Course is everything you need to take the next step in your flying career.
- Go flying in popular twins like the Piper Seminole, Beech Baron, and Diamond Twin Star
- See every maneuver required on the flight test, both VFR and IFR
- Learn about important multiengine systems such as fuel, hydraulics, and electrical
- Fly single engine approaches and learn tips for handling engine failures during IFR flight
- Nearly two hours of video, all shot in 4K and enhanced with sophisticated animations
- Explore the various aspects of flight planning and performance calculations
- Comprehensive document library offers access to important books and Advisory Circulars
- Interactive quiz helps you review what you’ve learned and prepare for the checkride
- Course works on all your devices, including iPhone, iPad, Android, laptop, Apple TV, and Roku TV
- Multiengine systems: hydraulics, flight controls, and engine instruments
- Multiengine airspeeds: Vmc, Vyse, V1, V2
- Differences between common twins: Seminole, Aztec, Cessna 310, Baron, Twinstar
- Normal operations: multiengine taxi techniques, takeoffs and landings, prop sync
- Multiengine flight maneuvers: stalls, slow flight, steep turns, no-flap landings
- Aerodynamics: determining Vmc, windmilling propellers, zero side-slip
- Performance planning: accelerate-stop, accelerate-go, single engine service ceiling
- Single engine flight maneuvers: intentional shutdown, feathering, simulated zero-thrust
- Engine failure in VFR: during takeoff, during climb, single engine landings
- Engine failure in IFR: en route failures, single engine approaches
"This is one of the best multi-engine ground training courses that we've ever seen. It is content rich, accurate and succinct and the inflight videos and graphics are superb."
—The Aviation Consumer magazine
Available on all your devices
Online Course using a web browser—Login here
iPhone/iPad in Sporty's Pilot Training app—Apple App Store
AppleTV—4th Generation AppleTV or newer
Android in Sporty's Pilot Training app—Google Play Store
RokuTV App—search for the Sporty's Pilot Training Channel on your Roku device
Accepted for FAA Wings Credit
Learn to Fly Twins at Clermont County/Sporty's Airport
Step up to twins with Sporty's in a well-equipped Piper Aztec. Customized, weekend courses available for multiengine ratings, refresher training, interview preparation or ATP training. For more information—SportysAcademy.com or 513-735-9500.